|Position||Full-time Chief Embryologist|
|Application Deadline||February 28, 2022|
|Commencement Date||April 1, 2022|
The Fertility Clinic of Cambodia (FCC) is seeking to appoint a full-time Chief Embryologist to join its growing practice and to manage and lead a team of Embryologists and Andrologists in Phnom Penh,Cambodia.
ABOUT FERTILITY CLINIC OF CAMBODIA
Cambodia’s first and leading ART, the Fertility Clinic of Cambodia (FCC) is a private ART program, which opened in September 2014. The FCC facility includes a full Operating Room, PACU, and state-of-the art Embryology and Andrology Laboratories. This year, FCC celebrates its 7-Year Anniversary of assisting thousands of couples from Cambodia and overseas to realize their parenting dreams, earning several awards and recognitions including Certificate of ISO 9001:2015.
- Perform comprehensive management of patient by providing consultation, recommending and Perform Assisted Reproductive technology methods including semen preparation, oocyte identification, IVF insemination, cumulus denudation, ICSI, embryo culture and grading, laser assisted hatching, sperm, oocyte and embryo cryopreservation (vitrification) and embryo biopsy.
- Supervise a team of embryologists and andrologists in the IVF Lab
- Maintain accurate laboratory records for ART and storage procedures.
- Perform quality control procedures, manage laboratory’s quality management system and monitor KPIs.
- Provides support for clinic preparation for regulators’ licensing and audits
- Coordinate with IVF specialists to assist patients in understanding IVF procedures in the ART laboratory
- Ensure all patient information is documented appropriately in the clinic’s system according to clinic’s SOP and on-time reporting
- Lead the embryologists in the introduction of new and advanced technology
- Work independently to ensure the goals are achieved
- Provide feedback to clinic management on ART outcome and process improvement
- Support and promote excellence in all aspects of operations
- Bachelor of Medical Science/Health Science, preferably post graduate qualifications in clinical embryology
- Proficiency in all IVF laboratory methods.
- A minimum of 7-year AR experience in clinical embryology.
- Familiarity with requirements of AR practices including ISO 9001:2015 is a plus.
- A record of management and leadership with ability to motivate and manage a team
- Attention to detail and sensitivity to process and operations;
- Knowledge and understanding of the elements of high reliability organizations in healthcare and experience with implementation of those elements.
- Demonstrated ability to use quantitative and qualitative data effectively and to inspire successful delivery on key performance indicators.
- Prior success in fostering cross-departmental collaborations to advance success of organizational priorities.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills, including a high level of self-awareness, empathy, and humility in interpersonal interactions.
- A commitment to the career development of a faculty of Infertility physicians.
ABOUT THE CITY
Phnom Penh is a very cosmopolitan city, with a very wide variety of excellent restaurants and night life. It also has a relatively convenient cost of living, and is warm and sunny all year round. Cambodia has many interesting sites to visit, including the world’s famous Angkor Wat temple, other fascinating provinces as well as Phnom Penh itself. Countries immediately neighboring Cambodia are Thailand, Vietnam, and Laos. Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh City are both around 1 hour away by air.
Cambodia is praised by WHO and has drawn global accolades for its handling of Covid-19 pandemic. The Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) has successfully rolled out the Covid-19 vaccination campaign across the country: as of 7 December, 101.10% of the 10 million targeted population (people aged 18 years and over) has had at least one dose of the vaccine; 96.44% of adults, 95.22% for those aged 5 years and above, 100% of healthcare workers, and 99% of people aged 60 years and above were fully vaccinated. Cambodia reopens the country and its economic activities while implementing its Dose-4 Pfizer Vaccination program to remain effective and vigilant in its strongest possible defense against Covid-19.
The post would particularly suit someone who likes to travel and explore, experience other cultures, and ways of life, and who would enjoy experiencing the great food and sights, that Phnom Penh, Cambodia, and its’ neighboring countries, have to offer.
Plus, someone longs to contribute to an emerging country in this field.
Currently, a team of 6 embryologists and Andrologists are on staff, along with FCC’s Scientific Advisor, one of the top internationally acclaimed scientists in the field of reproductive hormones, infertility and assisted reproductive technologies (ART).
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary offered will be US$ 3,500-4,500 per month (take-home salary and commensurate with credentials and qualifications), health insurance and other staff incentives. We will pay for your economy class return airfare from your country of residence to Phnom Penh, Cambodia, and back.
We will provide a fully furnished apartment that is close to the ART facility. The costs of obtaining a Business Visa will be covered; this can be obtained on the entry into Cambodia.
Applicants interested in the position should send a current resume / C.V. and covering letter, by
e-mail to Rithisal Kang, Chief Operating Officer, at email@example.com